[personalise the site]   [search the site]

Welcome to K's Web - home of the Kingstonian archives
The official club website can be found at


Slough Town 2-3 Kingstonian

Having lost their sixth successive game without scoring to plunge to relegation five fixtures before their Ryman Premier League season was over, three days later Kingstonian perversely scored their first goals and won their first game for almost two months.

Poignantly the victory was achieved over a club, like themselves, not so long ago in the elite Conference grade of non-league football, but now playing two steps lower and also, like themselves, now homeless.

So Kingstonian found themselves travelling for the second time this season to the home ground of the side who had relegated them at Kingsmeadow the Saturday previously, Windsor & Eton, but this time to play tenants Slough Town.

Kingstonian's first visit to Stag Meadow had been in October as their first game under their second manager of the season, Scott Steele, who replaced Kim Harris after just four fixtures. Now they were playing their third game under their third manager, Ian McDonald.

He had added just one more new player to the 63 who had already turned out previously for Kingstonian. But two of his starting line-up from the previous Saturday, dual registrations Scott Smith and goalkeeper Andy Iga, had been recalled by their respective main clubs, Basingstoke Town and Sutton United.

So, with Steve Sanders suspended and two players, Steve Guaje-Velandia and Jean-Serge Musungu having to be dropped to the bench after arriving late, it was a much-changed Kingstonian side that took to the field.

Martyn Lee scored the first for Kingstonian a minute before the interval after Slough had given the ball away needlessly in defence. Lee's first attempt was blocked out, but Ian Dickens fed the ball back and Lee placed it over the goalkeeper with a superb dipping volley.

However 13 minutes into the second half Michael Murphy, whose error had led to Kingstonian's goal, made amends with an equally spectacular long-range range, this time skimming low along the ground.

Kingstonian retook the lead in the 69th minute as Kenny Ojukwa raced through and calmly placed the ball through the legs of Slough's half-time substitute keeper.

The visitors seemed to have thrown away only their seventh league win of the season five minutes from time when Murphy drove in down the right byeline and his fellow defender Josias Carbon was somehow on hand to poke the ball over the line.

But, as was seemingly written in the stars, Kingstonian secured their unlikely victory thirty seconds into added on time when Dave Timothy crossed from the right and Bernard Asante played a short ball back to new boy Tony Reid who planted a debut winning goal past the wrong-footed keeper.

Tue 5th Apr 2005
Stag Meadow (Windsor & Eton FC)
Isthmian League Premier
Slough Town2
Lee, Ojukwa, Reid
1Alan Hughes
2Ian Dickens
3Martyn LeeCautioned
4Richard TaylorCautioned
5Tony Reid
6Jonathan Coke
7Stuart Reeks
8Bashiru Alimi
9Kenny OjukwaCautioned
10Bernard Asante
11Dave TimothyCautioned
12Steven Guaje-Velandia
14Jean-Serge Musungu
15Robert Paris
16Helmut Dayo
Match Report By
Sean Cotter