[personalise the site]   [search the site]

Welcome to K's Web - home of the Kingstonian archives
The official club website can be found at


Kingstonian 3-3 Wealdstone

Six goals in the first hour saw the Stones come back twice against Kingstonian as the home side it began three games in less than a week on a Thursday night.

Twice ahead courtesy of a goal on his debut from Andy White and then from Bobby Traynor and then a third at the start of the second half Christian Jolley were cancelled out with two goals after the half hour by Callum Martin and almost from the restart Danny Spendlove.

In the 50th minute Jolley restored the lead when he picked up a long cross from Tranor and shot high onto the upright before it rebounded into the net. But this lasted only four minutes after Adam Logie equalised with a header.

However the scoring then stopped, leaving the game bereft of a few and the entertainment value similarly amiss.

The game started with the defences on both sides awry. First Traynor went wide ad then Rob Tolfrey denied Spendlove's 30-yard free kick with a tip over the bar. Then it was Ryan Ashe's go from 35-yards out.

At the other end Jolley's long shot went wide before Jamie Osbourne's low shot on the right was gathered by Tolfrey.

With so many chances so early it was inevitable that a goal had to come and a freekick from Matt Gray provided it. He swung it in to the box from the left and the keeper Sean Thomas could only punch it away as Traynor swooped in. White from less than 10 yards out picked up the ball and in spite of a deflection off a high leg, this time Thomas was well beaten.

Ks continued to attack and both Max Hustwick and then Traynor had chances before Martin then shot wide. On the counter, Dean Lodge passed out to Traynor who shot in from the left across goal into the net as the Stones' defence tried to come back.

Two-down the visitors hit back and on the half hour Spendlove attacked and was unable to make much of the chance he had created for himself as his shot went wide. Martin then shot over the bar, before Traynor did the same at the other end.

Martin finally opened the scoring with a shot across goal and then within a minute Spendlove made the most of a chance once again that he had created to equalise.

If the small and rain-sodden crowd were expecting more goals they were disappointed as the first half then disappeared into a midfield tussle.

However on the restart - with the rain dying a death, the action was far from over. Osborne shot wide within minutes. At the other end Traynor crossed in from the right on the counter attack and found Jolley. His shot, as he cut into the area, hit the upper far post before rebounding in to the net. Once more Kingstonian were ahead.

It lasted barely a few minutes. Logie glanced on his head from a free kick on the right from Ashe. Although this was to be end of a potential goal fest, still goals beckoned.

Lodge missed minutes later as he found a low shot in from Traynor. The shot going wide of the near post. Then Traynor swivelled a ball over before Jolley headed over. And to end a frenetic 20 minutes Traynor looped his shot over in the 65th minute.

A series of substitutions saw White come off for Carl Wilson-Denis before Thomas in the goal denied Jolley's brave run at the defence. However the steam was starting to run out under the increasingly star-lit night.

The last two minutes saw Traynor unable to convert after the keeper was as keen to go to Jolley's pass. Then Wilson-Denis shot straight and low to Thomas.

Thu 25th Feb 2010
Kingsmeadow Stadium
Isthmian League Premier
White, Traynor, Jolley
1Rob Tolfrey
2Matt Gray
3Bashiru Alimi
4Max Hustwick
5John Fletcher
6Simon Huckle
7Dean Lodge
8Mo HarkinCautioned
9Bobby Traynor
10Andy White12
11Christian Jolley
12Carl Wilson-Denis10
14Luke Hickie
15Lee Hall
16Robb Sheridan
17Craig Bradshaw
Match Report By
Michael Underwoood