[personalise the site]   [search the site]

Welcome to K's Web - home of the Kingstonian archives
The official club website can be found at


Kingstonian 0-3 Wealdstone

Alan Dowson changed five players and his formation after last week's 6-0 humiliation at Billericay, yet the only change that made any difference at all was the improved goalkeeping of Rob Tolfrey. The number one's heroics kept Wealdstone's score down to three, but the game offered no more answers as to where Ks' next point is coming from.

The tone was set in the third minute, when the new-look Ks defence was breached in a particularly underwhelming take on the offside trap, but Tolfrey dashed off his line to deny Richard Jolly.

Thereafter, Ks were reasonably settled in the early stages, Jonathan North having to save a Rocky Baptiste header following a Chris Page cross, while at the other end Kurtney Brooks forced Tolfrey into an impressive save from a corner.

This good work was undone on 24 minutes though. Stones captain Wes Parker was left completely unmarked from an inswinging free kick and powered his header past Tolfrey with ease.

Bobby Traynor fed Bashiru Ailimi with an excellent chance to level the scores, but bearing down on North he fired well over and wide. North was called into action five minutes later, doing well to keep out an Ian Selley drive while a plethora of players blocked his view. Jolly fired wide shortly before half-time but Ks had little reason to believe they could not get back into the game after the break.

Emphatically however, that was not the case. After North had easily saved a Traynor twenty-yarder, the visitors dominated the game and swiftly trebled their advantage. First, Jolly brushed Gary MacDonald off the ball before beating Tolfrey from a tight angle. Then on 56 minutes winger David Hicks stormed up the right and after his cross was blocked, he fired the rebound straight into Tolfrey's top corner from the right flank. Whether it was intended as a cross or a shot, it rendered the rest of the game academic.

Against a Ks side shot of confidence Wealdstone may have further boosted their goal difference but Tolfrey kept them at bay. His best saves were from Jolly and Brooks, both on occasions when the visiting players were bearing down on him having cut cleanly through the Ks central defence.

Near the end Gary MacDonald blazed narrowly over when Tom Hutchinson had knocked down a long Tolfrey free kick for him; sadly for Ks fans, this was as good a contribution as the defence made all day.

Sat 10th Sep 2011
Kingsmeadow Stadium
Isthmian League Premier
1Rob Tolfrey
2Chris Page
3Neil Jenkins14
4Tom Hutchinson
5Gary MacDonald
6Ian SelleyCautioned12
7Dewayne Clarke
8Jerome Maledon
9Bobby Traynor
10Rocky Baptiste16
11Bashiru Alimi
12Simon Huckle6
14Sam Clayton3
15Allan Tait
16Dean Hamlin10
17Jake Whincup
Match Report By
Simon Grier