[personalise the site]   [search the site]

Welcome to K's Web - home of the Kingstonian archives
The official club website can be found at


December 2004

Thursday 30th December 2004
New players
The defensive ranks at the club welcome further reinforcements with the signing of experienced defender Rob Paris and the return of goalkeeper Nick Hart from Maidenhead - this time on a permanent basis.
[top of the page]
Monday 27th December 2004
The annual festive freeze saw Kingstonian v Hampton & Richmond Borough amongst seven Ryman Premier fixtures to fall to the weather today. No new date has yet been set for the game.
[top of the page]
Thursday 23rd December 2004
New players
Manager Scott Steele has secured the services of Queens Park Rangers full back Lewis Hamilton on loan for the upcoming month.

Also joining the club is former Bristol City and Bristol Rovers midfielder Dwayne Plummer - most recently with Hendon and Thurrock.

Furthermore, the club have arranged to bring to bring Brentford FC final (third) year scholars Jamie Palmer and Luke Muldowney to Kingsmeadow for work experience.
[top of the page]
Upcoming suspensions
The following players are facing suspensions over the holiday period:

Martyn Lee - Hampton, Yeading
James Rose - Hampton, Yeading, Folkestone Invicta
Danny Collyer - Yeading

Manager Scott Steele has been punished for touchline behaviour and will be suspended (as manager) for the Dover Athletic and AFC Wimbledon games.
[top of the page]
Sunday 19th December 2004
Wealdstone match report
The report of yesterday's game can be found here.
[top of the page]
Saturday 18th December 2004
Wealdstone 4-5 Kingstonian
A vital three points were gained today at Wealdstone following a roller-coaster match.

Dave Timothy's weaving run through the home rearguard produced the opening goal of the game for Phil Ruggles in the 21st minute before Wealdstone put an end to the K's bright start with goals from Gary McKeown and Jermaine Beckford before the half hour mark. Bashiru Alimi found himself in space on the left in the 38th minute and rolled his shot under home 'keeper Andy Carter only for Dave Ryan's attempted clearance to help the ball into the back of the net. The first half scoring was completed on the stroke of half time when Beckford blasted home after confusion in the K's defence.

Kenny Ojukwa levelled the scores again five minutes into the second half after taking advantage of a Stones defensive mix-up, only for Ryan to get a goal at the other end in the 55th minute to put the home side in the lead once more. A quick Kingstonian free quick in the 69th minute caught the home side napping and Richard Taylor's strike found its way into the back of the net via a Chris Cahill deflection. Late drama saw Danny Collyer sent off for a second bookable offence before a Phil Ruggles cross was converted by Alimi to clinch a thrilling 5-4 win for K's.

Full details can be found here.
[top of the page]
Friday 17th December 2004
AFC Wimbledon v Kingstonian
The Surrey Senior Cup third round tie between AFC Wimbledon and Kingstonian has been arranged for Tuesday 18 January, kick off 7.45pm at Kingsmeadow.
[top of the page]
Monday 13th December 2004
Leyton match report
The report of Saturday's game can be found here.
[top of the page]
Saturday 11th December 2004
Kingstonian 1-2 Leyton
Two goals in the last two minutes saw the visitors come from behind and grab all three points at Kingsmeadow this afternoon.

A superb goal from Phil Ruggles in the 25th minute - just after striking the bar - had seen K's deservedly take the lead, but the sending off of substitute James Rose for elbowing saw Leyton creep back into the game.

Debutant goalkeeper Nick Hart had a fine game, but couldn't stop the late goals that see K's remain rooted to the bottom of the table.

Full details of this afternoon's match can be found here.
[top of the page]
Sunday 5th December 2004
Chelmsford match report
The report of yesterday's game can be found here.
[top of the page]
Kingstonian v Hampton
The festive home game against Hampton & Richmond Borough on Monday 27th December will kick off at 1pm.
[top of the page]
Saturday 4th December 2004
Kingstonian 2-3 Chelmsford City
A thrilling encounter saw the much-needed points go to Chelmsford despite periods of sustained Kingstonian attack, with visiting goalkeeper Paul Nicholls in inspired form.

The visitors opened the home defence, and in turn the scoring, after just three minutes. Gary Ansell slotted neatly home following a swift counter attack. The scores were however levelled just after the half hour with Kenny Ojukwa notching his first goal for the K's, before Ansell struck again with a simple tap goal against the run of play on the stroke of half time.

The margin was widened minutes after the break when Ansell completed his hat-trick, striking low past Alan Hughes after an initial save by the young goalkeeper. Kingstonian were awarded a penalty on the hour mark and Phil Ruggles' initial spot kick was saved by Nicholls, before Liam Hopkins bundled the striker over when going for the rebound. With the ball falling into the back of the net, the officials decided to let the what was to be the final goal of the afternoon stand without the need for a further penalty.

Full details of today's match can be found here.
[top of the page]
Thursday 2nd December 2004
Martyn Lee
Martyn Lee has been suspended for two matches commencing Monday 20th December - league matches against Hampton and Yeading - for foul and abusive language towards the referee at the end of last month's game at Braintree Town.
[top of the page]
Referee Course
The Kingston & District Referees Society are running a course in the new year for anyone wanting to become a referee. Full details are outlined here.
[top of the page]
Bryco Cup draw
Kingstonian have been drawn away to Folkestone Invicta in the third round of the League Cup. The match is due to be played on Monday 3rd January 2005, kick off 3pm.
[top of the page]